Ongoing training and development are paramount for our staff as we continuously strive to give each of our patient’s exceptional treatment and care. As you can see below, the team has had a very busy quarter with professional development:
- The practice was closed for two days in September to hold our annual team training. Over these days we discussed a wide range of topics, from how we can extend our level of care, to perfecting impression taking techniques.
- Our fortnightly team and department meetings allow us opportunities to learn about the treatment our clinicians are doing and see the fantastic results that our patients are getting. We also use this time to discuss industry standards such as Radiation Safety, implement or perfect our procedures and to ensure our patient care remains exceptional.
- Our Back Office Manager Kelly attended the Australian Dental Australian Association’s annual Infection Control Update course, helping us to remain at the forefront of ensuring patient and staff safety.
- Front Office Coordinators, Georgia and Lara, participated in a workshop relating to best practice for appointment book management.
- Dr Kam, Dr Lillicrap and Oral Health Therapist, Ashleigh, attended a Paedodontics (children’s dentistry) update course which covered topics such as Molar Incisor Hypomineralisation, Early Childhood Caries, management of lip and tongue ties and Autism.
- Dr Kam also attended:
- Best practice for diagnosing and managing gingival recession.
- An Endodontology (Root Canal Treatment) clinic day with Professor Anil Kishen from University of Toronto.
- Our Oral Hygiene team attended a workshop hosted by Brisbane Orthodontics covering topics regarding clear aligners and early intervention.
- Oral Health Therapist, Sue, attended ‘Dental Therapy Adult Scope’ at Sydney University. This week long course covered medications and oral conditions in adult mouths, which allows her to do Dental Therapy on adults.
The ongoing training that clinicians and staff at Medland Dental complete, as you can see, is quite diverse. This allows us to help our patients with a wide range of oral health issues, both in terms of prevention and treatment. If you would like any further information any of these topics, please don’t hesitate to contact us or visit our services page.