Since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, dental practices in Australia have been working under different levels of restrictions. Level 1 restrictions mean that Medland Dental can provide our patients with the full range of treatments and services, provided that our patients meet the criteria for being “low risk” of having contracted/being exposed to COVID-19. This restriction is for the safety and security of all of our patients, our staff and the community.
We kindly ask you to call us to reschedule for a later date if you answer YES to any of the questions below:
- Are you awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test?
- Have you been asked to self-isolate or quarantine for any reason (examples include, but are not limited to, being identified as a contact in contact tracing, or having been to a designated hotspot or exposure site)?
- Do you have a fever (38 degrees or more) OR a history of fever in the last 14 days OR feel unwell with cold or flu-like symptoms including but not limited to cough, shortness of breath, sore throat OR loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
On arrival at your appointment, there are few things that you will notice under Level 1 restrictions at Medland Dental:
Screening: On arrival, we will ask you to please wait outside until a member of our team undertakes a simple, non-contact temperature test, and confirm that there are no clinical or epidemiological criteria that may mean that you are at increased risk of COVID-19. Our entire team undertake the same tests on arrival every day, as do all visitors on entry to Medland Dental.
Check in Qld App: Medland Dental is participating in the use of the Check In Qld App. Whilst not mandatory in dentistry, we are encouraging patients to participate as it assists contact tracers if required.
Social/Physical Distancing: In the public areas of the practice, we are ensuring social and physical distancing of individuals and family units. After screening, we will assist you in finding a comfortable area to wait prior to your appointment. We ask for your understanding should we ask you to move location. To assist us in managing social distancing, we kindly ask you to attend alone or bring minimal accompanying persons with you to your appointment.
Additional Infection Control Precautions: Medland Dental always has and will continue to maintain the highest level of infection control procedures and environmental cleaning. As an Accredited Dental practice, we must meet the strict National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards, and for some time now, have chosen to exceed some of these standards, particularly regarding infection control. An additional infection control measure that is now in place for all of our patients is a 30 second pre-procedure mouth rinse. We ask you to please use the hand sanitiser provided on entry to Medland Dental, and on entry to and exit from your treatment room
If you have not been in the practice recently, or are a new patient, you will notice that we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that Medland Dental is providing a COVID-19 safe environment for all of our patients. When you arrive for your appointment you will notice that we will:
- Kindly ask you to use our hand sanitiser as you enter the building, and on entry to and exit from your treatment room.
- Ask you to please also take advantage of the hand sanitiser located at our reception desks, waiting room and lounges throughout your time in Medland Dental.
- Manage our scheduling and flow of patients to protect those most vulnerable.
- Temporarily remove magazines, newspapers and children’s toys, and the iPads will continue to be disinfected after each use.
- Kindly ask you to undertake a short 30sec antimicrobial rinse before your procedure.
- Kindly ask that all payments be made via card (ideally contactless).
Thank you for your understanding in ensuring we are providing a COVID-19 Safe Environment and we look forward to seeing you soon and looking after you in that very special Medland Way.