We are looking forward to seeing you soon!
We are very pleased to advise that in accordance with a lifting of government restrictions, from today, Monday 11 May, Medland Dental will return to providing our patients with our full range of treatment and services.
We would like to thank all of our patients for their understanding throughout the period of increasing and decreasing restrictions on dental practices. We have been genuinely touched by everyone’s kind words and messages of support; and consideration and flexibility during these challenging times. We understand that these restrictions have not been ideal for our patients, as many things have not been ideal for everyone this year. Like you, we are looking forward to life gradually returning to normal, and the team at Medland Dental are committed to doing this in a way that protects our patients and the community and keeps us all on track for further easing of community restrictions.
If you already have an appointment with us, your appointment can now proceed as scheduled. For those who have had to defer treatment, you are on our priority lists, and we will be contacting you as soon as possible to secure an appointment.
For our patients, all treatments and services can be now be completed whilst ensuring a “COVID Safe” environment for our patients and team.
As we have done since COVID-19 emerged, we will be diligently screening our patients and team for risk factors for COVID-19.
If you have returned from overseas or interstate within the last 14 days OR have felt unwell, including but not limited to symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath OR had any contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we kindly ask you to please reschedule your appointment with us and seek medical advice.
If you have not been in the practice recently, you will notice that we have put in place a number of measures to ensure that Medland Dental is providing a COVID-19 safe environment for all of our patients. When you arrive for your appointment you will notice that we will:
- Review the epidemiological and clinical risk factors with you and take your temperature.
- Kindly ask you to use our hand sanitiser as you enter the building, and please also take advantage of the hand sanitiser located at our reception desks, waiting room and lounges.
- Ask you to update your medical history. A new system of taking medical and health histories is being introduced, which will make ongoing updates more streamlined for our patients.
- Manage our scheduling and flow of patients to protect those most vulnerable.
- Ensure that appropriate social distancing occurs in our practice. We kindly ask that you attend alone or with minimal accompanying persons.
- Temporarily remove magazines, newspapers and children’s toys, and the iPads will continue to be disinfected after each use.
- Kindly ask you to undertake a short antimicrobial rinse before your procedure.
- Kindly ask that all payments be made via card (ideally contactless).
Technical excellence and exceptional care are the strong values that our team have always held dear, so keeping our patients safe over this time is our highest priority. To protect our patients:
- Our team will continue to maintain the highest level of infection control procedures and environmental cleaning. As an Accredited Dental practice, we must meet the strict National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards, and for some time now, have chosen to exceed some of these standards, particularly regarding infection control.
- Our team will follow all protocols and advice from the relevant government authorities and the Australian Dental Association and monitor the advice for any changes daily.
- Our team will be screened for the same COVID-19 risk factors asked of our patients.
- Our team will be temperature screened daily for the early signs of fever. All other visitors to the practice are temperature tested and screened on arrival.
- All of our team have had this year’s flu vaccination.
Over this time, Medland Dental will be operating under modified opening hours.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on (07) 3426 5777.
We look forward to seeing you soon and looking after you in that very special Medland Way.
Stay well, look after yourself and each other.
Dr Fiona Lillicrap and Dr Sarah Kam